Albino Lullaby, a horror without the gore!
Indie developers Ape Law have today released episode 1 of this psychological horror title called Albino Lullaby as an Oculus Store launch title today with the release of the Oculus Rift. The team that are working on this game include members from Bioshock : Infinite and indie game Chilvary: Medieval Warfare and the Tomb Raider reboot.
Check out the demo playthrough below
The game is made for VR and is set to include no jump scares or gore.
“Hailed by Rock, Paper, Shotgun’s Adam Smith as, “2015’s smartest horror game…” and summarized by Polygon’s Collin Campbell, “Part Stanley Parable and part Alfred Hitchcock… This is a sick place, full of sick allusions and sick jokes.”
“From the moment Albino Lullaby played so well on the DK1, we knew we had to move forward with VR in mind at every turn. We wanted to create a fantastic world for an ordinary person to explore as themselves in the role of the main character, and VR delivers that experience in a way never before so fully realized,” said Justin Pappas, creative director of Albino Lullaby and Founder of Ape Law.”
Features of Albino Lullaby Include:
• The Next Gen of Adventure Games – Player driven pacing, no cutscenes.
• Transforming Game Space – Mechanical mansion deconstructs around you.
• Environmental Storytelling – Intricate backstory conveyed through the game space.
• Different Play Styles – Sneak or gung ho!
• Episodic Releases – Pay as you go or get a season pass.
• VR Ready – Built from ground up to play great on the Oculus Rift, Vive and Morpheus.
With a game space that dynamically twists and contorts around you in real time, as you unravel an equally twisted narrative, Albino Lullaby shows that horror can be scary without jump scares or gore. Escape a surreal, psychological nightmare set in a dark and macabre Victorian town that clings to the precipices of underground cliffs. Discover hidden spaces haunted by ‘The Grandchildren’ and uncover clues to understanding just where and what you are.
For more news be sure to follow us on the platforms below…
- Previous Stressed With Life? Experience Stress with Fringe Theory…
- Next Active Soccer 2 DX Shoots and Scores Its Way To Xbox One