Has Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 finally been fixed?
Since the launch of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 early October, it has received nothing but major criticism and VERY POOR reviews, some reviews were as low as 3.5/10. A Terrible start to release an otherwise popular franchise.
Developer Robomodo released a patch last month that addresses some of the game breaking issues (better late than never I suppose)
However, with the patch in place it still doesn’t bring the wow factor that some of it’s predecessors had. Levels still seem bland and textures are poorly rendered. THPS5 is a game I had been looking forward to especially after loving the previous games back in my youth. I hope this doesn’t destroy the franchise, however Activision may need to consider a new developer in my opinion.
Check out the full patch notes below.
1.03 Patch Notes:
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to “Return to Freeskate” while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to “Return to Freeskate” while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters’ Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have received Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include “Daily Grind,” “Skate Hoarding,” and “Manual Mayhem”
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc – minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
For all the latest gaming news, be sure to follow us on the platforms below…