Meet Rufus and Deponia Doomsday…
Daedalic Entertainment’s hugely popular German PC adventure series is back for its 4th outing and this time it is coming to PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC.
Due for a 1st March release on PC, Mac and Linux as a digital download and expected for PS4 and Xbox One later this year
I’m New To This…
There will be a number of people who are not familiar with the Deponia Saga, but below is an extract from Daedalic themselves explaining about the series
‘As a trilogy, Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia tell the most successful German adventure story of all time. The series has so far sold over 2.2 million copies and is the absolute favorite among Daedalic fans. The adventures take place on the junk planet Deponia and its idiosyncratic environment. The inhabitants of Deponia live in a bizarre world of garbage and recycling materials. Antihero and inventor Rufus, for whom simply nothing goes right, wants to escape from here to the spaceship Elysium to live the high life, in the truest sense of the word. However, he makes it no further than the grouchy officials of Organon that patrol Deponia on giant monorail cruisers high up in the air. Rufus meets the Elysian Goal, who he falls desperately in love with. She is the key to Elysium. A turbulent comedy of errors ensues, in the course of which Rufus somewhat accidentally triggers a revolution and a multitude of other remarkable disasters.
The humorous, multi-award winning Deponia series, consisting of classic point & click adventure games with hand-drawn 2D comic graphics, spiced with sarcastic dialog and black humor aplenty, was widely praised by the industry press and was awarded top review scores and major prizes. “Chaos on Deponia”, the second game in the series, was named the “Best German Game 2013” at the German Video Game Awards.’
The city of Elysium has fallen and grotesque Fewlocks inhabit the junk planet of Deponia and this guy ‘Rufus’ is supposedly the only remaining survivor… Rufus believes he knows a wait out of this planet and that’s to blow it up… yes blow it up! (We like the sound of this Rufus guy)
Rufus awakes in his bed terrified and unsure as to whether it was a dream or a vision. Luckily Rufus can speak to Professor McChronicle who has detected several time anomalies. It’s useful that Rufus discovers a time machine and can go in and out of the past, present and future.
- Dystopia vs. Utopia mixed with Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium and Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar – Welcome to Deponia Doomsday!
- Following Goodbye Deponia, the first game developed 100% by Jan Müller-Michaelis (alias Poki)
- Fan service: Some players called for an alternate ending and another part to the Deponia saga
- Rufus travels through time – with dramatic consequences
- Goal, Lonzo, Lotti and even Wenzel – Reunions with familiar and over 70 new oddball characters
- The player discovers the floating city of Elysium for the first time
- With around 20 hours of gameplay and over 100 game backgrounds, Deponia Doomsday is the largest and most elaborate Deponia game so far
- Deponia Doomsday serves a timeless (!) genre and once again resurrects classic adventures
For all the latest news be sure to follow us on the platforms below…