Unlock Pokemon Go in the UK on iOS
FIRST THINGS FIRST, WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY POTENTIAL BANS CAUSED BECAUSE OF THIS, FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK
A lot of people in the UK are going mad over getting Pokemon Go on their mobile phones, we’ve recently stumbled across a solution from the guys at macworld.co.uk. All you need to do is follow these steps below and voila, Pokemon Go should be ready to play on your iPhone.
1) Log out of your current Apple ID on your iPhone. This can be done in one of two ways – simply open the App Store, head to the Featured tab, scroll to the bottom of the page, tap your Apple ID and tap ‘Sign out’, or head to Settings > Apple ID and sign out there.
2) Once you’ve logged out of your existing Apple ID account, open the Settings app and go to General > Language & Region. Once on the menu, simply change the Region to the US, New Zealand or Australia and close the app.
3) Now head back to the App Store and search for Pokemon GO – it should appear, but don’t worry if it doesn’t. Simply try to download any free app (this is very important) and select ‘Create new Apple ID’ when prompted to log in.
4) Follow the setup instructions, making sure to select ‘None’ in the Billing menu (this only appears if you’ve tried to buy a free app and are creating a new account, not adding details to an existing one) and adding a US/Aus/NZ-based address.
5) Once you’ve set up your new Apple ID, head back to the App Store, search for Pokemon GO and download it. You’re set! You can now log out of your new Apple ID and log in with your normal one. Once Pokemon GO is officially released, simply delete the app from your iPhone and re-download it via your normal Apple ID – don’t worry, if you sign up to Pokemon GO your data will be backed up and synced.
Let us know how you get on, happy Pokemon hunting!
Thanks for Macworld for the information
For all the latest news be sure to follow us on the platforms below…
About: Jamie B
- Previous The game which has led to comparisons to Dark Souls – Eliosi’s Hunt.
- Next Brawlout set for early 2017 release